This dish was fashionable some decades ago. You don’t see it often now, but if you do, typically it is over-done, over-worked, over-flavoured and over-dressed.
It makes a great entree; very refreshing and it feels healthy. Print recipe.
We like ours simple:
- Halve each avocado, remove pip.
- Place each half on a serving dish. (You can take a small slice off the bottom if it is likely to wobble and tip out the dressing.)
- Fill the hole almost to the top with your favourite olive oil.
- Add a teaspoon or so of your favourite vinegar.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt and ground pepper.
- (If you feel inclined, halve and crush a garlic clove and rub over the cut surface of each avocado half.)
Serve: One half per person. As is or on top of some salad leaves. Perhaps with some crusty bread.
Equipment: Suitable plate or dish for serving.